This article is about how a Vistage CEO Peer group can help you become a better leader.
Peter Dickinson is a High Growth Business Coach and has worked with over 300 companies in all stages of growth and across a wide range of sectors. Peter has worked with many business owners and entrepreneurs and the one key thing that he has learned about success is that you need good leadership skills.
Better leadership only comes through continued learning and a desire to develop yourself and those you work with.
Vistage International has invited Peter to select members for a CEO peer group advisory board based in the North West of England.
So who are Vistage?
Vistage International is the world’s leading chief executive organisation with over 15,000 members in 16 countries and who are focused on making CEOs & MDs better leaders, who make better decisions and get better results.
Vistage members on average triple their company rate of growth after joining.
Okay so what is a peer group advisory board?
A Vistage CEO peer group advisory board is a group of like-minded CEO/MDs from non-competing industries who meet for one full day per month to collectively work on the most pressing issues in their businesses. Eight times per year, Vistage provides a morning workshop with a world class speaker. In addition, there is a one-to-one 2 hour coaching session each month to clarify and work on outstanding individual issues.
So why join?
The only constant in the world is change and the subsequent challenges that change brings means that many CEO/MDs often struggle with both professional and personal issues, to the detriment of company performance and their family life. A Vistage CEO peer group provides a structured proven mechanism to work through the issues with other like-minded CEO/MDs in a mutual spirit of support, confidentiality and accountability. The meeting format means that you work ON your business and so reduce the hours you spend IN the business and so achieve tangible ideas and actions to take forward and a better work/life balance for you and your family.
So what are the benefits of joining a Vistage CEO peer group?
- The group will hold you accountable for the actions you agree on.
- The group will provide truly independent advice as they are not reliant on you for their income.
- You get up to 15 experienced CEO/MDs working on your problem.
- Members are from non-competing industries and so you get up to 15 different perspectives that have worked in other sectors which means you can sometimes get an edge over your competition with an approach from a different industry.
- You can discuss highly confidential and sensitive issues that would be difficult with your own board especially if you run a family owned business.
- There are over 15,000 members spread across the globe. So if you are looking to get into another country then there is likely to be somebody in the network in that country who will be more than happy to help you.
- The cost is less than it would cost to employ one non-executive director.
How do I find out more?
If you are a CEO or Managing Director of a company with £10 million or more turnover and are open to new ideas, keen to develop your leadership skills, willing to help others and take action yourself then you would benefit from being a member a group.
If you are interested in finding out more, call Peter Dickinson on 0845 053 7417 and he can call in for 20 minutes to exchange information of what you can expect from being a member of a Vistage CEO peer group.
There is no sales pitch the group has to be right you and you right for the group.
For more information go to: www.kub-uk.net